The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Data Scientist to work in Springfield, after an initial orientation at our Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Warfighter mission. This opportunity is in support of Advanced Research and Development on the RECON project.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and conduct algorithm quality trade studies related to synthetic aperture radar imagery, identifying best use cases for selected algorithms, and characterizing performance of algorithms when used outside the best use case scenarios.
- Prototype an analytical procedure that will generate confidence values based on algorithm outputs.
- Refine the verification and validation process for analytics.
- Enhance existing models to leverage analytic output for driving automated tasking.
- Develop scripts for running and testing the algorithms and analytics, using programs such as Databricks, Python, and Jupyter Notebook.
- Make presentations and reports at the request of the government in addition to a task kick off, midpoint review, and final report and presentation.
- Experience in at least two of the following areas is required: Mathematics/Statistics; Computer Science; Domain Expertise/ Analysis; and Presentation.
- 9 years of experience and a MA/MS degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
Experience with synthetic aperture radar image science or analysis; other remote sensing imaging such as multispectral; programming and script development; data science; Python, Databricks, Jupyter Notebook; Intelligence Community analytical workflows.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.