Leidos In Brief
Leidos is considered one of the most innovative defense contractors by both customers and competitors. We are also ranked as one of the world's most ethical companies by the Human Rights Campaign and Ethisphere. Our new Charlottesville office is proud to offer a chance to solve challenging and meaningful problems in a skunkworks culture with concrete support for your career goals and growth. Join a decades-long tradition of elbow grease and good software as we expand in Charlottesville and come make something new.
Leidos is seeking skilled engineers to fill the role of System Engineer, AR/VR looking to pioneer the first generation of situational awareness systems built in augmented reality. As part of the Perception Lab research team, these engineers can expect to pick their specialization in either the development of the UI/UX or the implementation of the responsive backend for it. This is a technical lead role, and as such is a hybrid position split between spearheading the engineering work and providing mentorship and guidance to the team.
The Immediate Need
Successful candidates have most or all of the following qualifications, generally demonstrated concretely on professional project.
- Master's in Computer Science or Bachelor's with 4-8 additional years of experience; additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Two years of professional software engineering experience in Unity development.
- Fluency in C# and some familiarity with Python
- Able to obtain a DoD TS SCI Clearance
We believe that the following skills are good predictors for long-term success in this role and career track. Ideally, candidates will have at least one of these and possibly two or three.
- Additional professional experience in Unity, particularly for VR or AR platforms
- Experience in applied research roles for UX or other experiential design disciplines
- Proven expertise in the design of scalable asset pipelines for live deployment
- Experience with both WebGL shaders and modern material-based systems
- Fluency in Rust, Scala, or another modern mixed paradigm language