Leidos is considered one of the most innovative defense contractors by both customers and competitors. The Defense Group of Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Senior Project Manager supporting the C4ISR Solutions Operation in Charlottesville, VA. The Project Manager will support and guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems. The selected candidate will leverage his/her skills to provide oversight, guidance, management support, and other related support in one or more phases of software systems development, system integration, or system sustainment.
The Project Manager is accountable for managing the product backlog for software projects and, in that capacity must perform the following activities:
- Assist in system architecting, trade-off analyses, development of detailed design artifacts, defining the project's test and delivery strategy, and supporting the project manager.
- Draft and maintain the necessary engineering plans, processes, and procedures to communicate engineering processes with internal and external program stakeholders.
- Translate requirements into a clear, concise, and consolidated product backlog.
- Define and prioritize product backlog items, including establishing acceptance criteria in close collaboration with external and internal project stakeholders.
- Ensure visibility of the product backlog as well as communicate the project team's current and future activities to the stakeholders.
- Communicate with the development team(s) to ensure a consistent and timely mplementation of each requirement.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Business Administration, or related field
- Eight or more years of professional experience in Agile Project Management
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- Experience with customer-facing requirements gathering and decomposition
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication in the government domain
- Prior experience managing project financials, particularly on government contracts
- Security requirements: current U.S. DoD Secret security clearance or higher
- Experience with high-level software system design and development of design artifacts
- Proven experience supporting and executing proposal work for defense-oriented RFPs
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket