Exciting and challenging finance position supporting the Commercial Managed IT Services (MITS) business within the Leidos Health Group. This position allows for a unique experience that blends traditional FP&A and program finance activities with more unusual activities only seen in a commercial startup. Individual career growth opportunities will also be enabled as the business grows.
This positon will support the cost management of a new program that includes 400+ employees and >$120M in revenue over 5 years as well as multiple smaller FFP and T&M contracts within the MITS portfolio. Cost management activities associated with this large commercial hospital system contract will span multiple contract types (FFP and T&M) and a variety of expenses including Contract Direct, Indirect Overhead and SG&A. This position will work closely with the MITS F&BO Senior Division Manager and program personnel to provide weekly/monthly and quarterly cost reporting.
- Maintain project baselines, WBSs and other program baselines.
- Analyze program performance including identification of trailing costs, misalignments in charging, and variance analysis activities.
- Support Estimates at Completion (EAC) processes, working with the program team to develop to-go cost estimates (ETCs).
- Track and reconcile backlog by utilizing and validating metrics such as awards, factoring, debooks and other adjustments.
- Track and reconcile subcontract purchase orders and cost performance and work with the MITS subcontract team on new purchase order set-up, WBS guidance.
- Track and maintain MITS portfolio contract logs, value and funding.
- Track FFP and T&M monthly invoices, invoice contract log and T&M rate management and analysis.
- Work with the leadership team to measure performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Expense, OI, Cash, DWC and DSO.
- Assist in the development and preparation of the financial materials to operational and financial leadership.
- Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial leadership when identified in a timely manner.
- Work with cross-functional teams including contracts, procurement, revenue accounting, technical accounting, AR, AP, program excellence and treasury organizations.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 2 -4 years experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Project Control and FP&A disciplines, with an understanding of major accounting concepts and multiple contract types.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability think out of the box, making processes more efficient and balance competing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft MS Excel (e.g. lookup, what-of, if/then, IRR, NPV, formulas), an ability to perform financial modeling to support business needs and outlooks.
- Experience with financial tools including CostPoint, Fusion and Hyperion-LPAS and ad-hoc EDW querying.