At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
As part of our company mission, we're dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Defense group has a dynamic opportunity for a UAS Test Engineer with the U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) engineering to provide technical problem solving for Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) and Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) programs. This position is located at our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
• Act as a test engineer for all facets of the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow TUAS program.
• Experience engineering, integration and support of UAS to the US Army
• Participates in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications required to support the contract(s).
• Performs task decomposition using test engineering methodology to derive requirements and create robust test plans.
• Develops criteria for key test points and formal Acceptance Test Plans (ATPs)
• Identifies engineering issues and provides leadership in developing solutions.
• Troubelshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks
• Maintains and updates Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
• Develops and transforms low/high-level design artifacts into test criteria.
• Develops and maintain engineering documentation.
• Coordinates and communicates with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership
• Coordinates directly with US Army Airworthiness Engineering Directorate (AED) for flight test plan development
• Responsible for analysis, implementation planning, and subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment.
• Support the UAS systems that include; software, datalinks, avionics, payloads and a full spectrum of functional engineering activities including integration, testing, and process management.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
• Bachelor in Science and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience in leading and managing a complex weapons system including technology processes and projects.
• Experience coordinating with Third-Party Hardware and Software Vendors for successful systems integration and testing.
• Experience diagnosing complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Experience in participating in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of test and integration activities.
• Experience with Microsoft office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Experience working in a team-based environment to meet objectives.
• Experience developing test requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Strong background in the UAS field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software.
• Active DoD Secret clearance.
• 25% CONUS travel required
• Masters in Science
• Experience in the development of proposals and capture management
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.)
• Report and/or technical writing skills
• Development Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities