Job Requisition:GAIT NSC Network Engineer
Job Description:Job Description
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a GAIT NSC Network Engineer. This position will support the Warfighter Readiness requirements that will serve as mid-level personnel to perform the daily tasks of operating and maintaining the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT) Network Service Center (NSC). The candidates fulfilling these functions must be fully knowledgeable in the tactical, worldwide global network from a planning, implementation and troubleshooting perspective. The GAIT cell will be based out of the Fort Detrick, Maryland (Fredrick Maryland) area. The cell will operate on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
Primary Responsibilities: The GAIT NSC engineers will be responsible for mission planning, engineering, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting as required to support users requiring GAIT services. Will communicate with the government customer and PDM group lead. Will troubleshoot to assist and guide problems to resolve over the phone. Knowledge of the PM Tactical Network (formerly PM WIN-T) architecture along with emerging technologies is required. All candidates must be able to identify with all variations of the WIN-T network, configuration and the implementation processes and procedures associated with each. The ability to assess and implement network outage or degradation remediation in a quick and resourceful manner is required.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of the degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- All candidates should have a basic understanding of tactical satellite (TACSAT) equipment and understand its relationship to the greater network architecture.
- Knowledge of the PM Tactical Network (formerly PM WIN-T) architecture along with emerging technologies is required.
- All candidates must be able to identify with all variations of the WIN-T network, configuration and the implementation processes and procedures associated with each.
- The ability to assess and implement network outage or degradation remediation in a quick and resourceful manner is required.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
The following bullets represent an optimal candidate but realistically meeting 75% of the descriptors below is feasible. Listed below that are classified as Basic Ops are required, while those identified as Advanced Ops are not required, but desirable.
- Understand Linkway modem operations (Basic Ops)
- Understand Raydyne FDMA modem operations (Basic Ops)
- Understand NCW modem operations (Basic Ops)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Linkway NCC operations (Advanced Ops)
- Setup, troubleshoot and understand iDirect network operations (Advanced Ops)
- An in-depth knowledge of IP networking and processes is mandatory.
- The candidate must possess knowledge that is commensurate with a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification (or higher) but the certification is not a requirement for the position.
- Currently have or be in compliance with DoDI 8500.01 and DoD 8570.10-M for Information Assurance Technical Level II no later than 120 days after being placed in this position.
The candidate network engineer should have a working knowledge of the topics listed below or have the potential to learn the required knowledge in a reasonable timeframe.
- Create trunks (CCNA Voice)
- Build call managers (CCNP Voice)
- Create route patterns (CCNA Voice)
- Setup and operate the REDCOM
- Setup and operate the Voice Gateway Routers (VGR) (CCNP Voice)
- Understand call setup and call traffic flow (CCNP Voice)
- Load routers/switches IOS (CCNA R&S)
- Load configurations on router/switches (CCNA R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN) (CCIE R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multicast (CCIE R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand switch technologies (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Riverbed wide area network (WAN) accelerators
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Policy Based Routing (PBR) and Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand various SP technologies ie; MVPN, LDP, MP-BGP (CCNP SP)
Information Assurance (IA)
- Load IOSs on Cisco firewalls/IPSs (CCNA Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco firewall/IPS configurations (CCNP Security)
- Understand routing and traffic flows in the RHNs, and downrange assets (CCNP Security/CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco Security Manager (CSM) (CCNP Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto virtual firewalls
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto’s Panorama firewall management tool
- Set up and operate KG-175A and KG-175D model TACLANEs and/or similar encryption devices
- Set up and operate KIV-7M
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the VMware vSphere 6.0 (VMware VCP-DCV)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the various Netops applications, such as: SNMPc, Solarwinds ORION, Radius, and TACACS (Cisco ISE)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.