Job Requisition:Staff Software Development Engineer - Air Traffic Management
Staff Software Development Engineer - Air Traffic Management
Leidos is seeking an Staff Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
Air Traffic Triage Team:
The Air Traffic Triage team (ATT) is charged with triage and initial analysis of all air traffic control functional issues written against the ERAM system by operational controllers, training environments, and operational evaluation testing groups.
This is a Staff Software Development Engineer position. Specifically, you will be working on teams responsible for developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software. Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Performing problem determination and triage of the FAA air traffic control display software within the object oriented environment (primarily Ada95/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
• Supporting the AT control system by triaging air traffic issues resulting from operational, training, and testing uses of the ERAM system.
• Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
• Performing software integration and problem determination as needed for the ERAM system
• Understanding, articulating, and linking user needs and system requirements as they relate to issues requiring triage
• Coordinating issue review and analysis with the System Engineering, Software Engineering, and Integration & Test organizations
• Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8-12 years of professional experience; or 6-10 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Experience in object-oriented development and integration with the Ada, C++, or Java programming languages on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Strong integration and debugging skills.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
• FAA air traffic domain knowledge.
• Working knowledge of ERAM and Data Comm including debug tools utilized such as SWAC, EOPD, sarbot, and SkyDataSentry
• Experience working directly with or for the FAA relating to the En Route Support Help Desk and AIMS system, including processes around issue resolution
• Triage support experience
• En Route Air Traffic Controller experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.