Job Requisition:Splunk Architect Data Scientist (SME) Poly Required
This role uses Data Science and Engineering techniques to satisfy customer requirements. This role evaluates and uses algorithms for Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML). This role develops scripts, notebooks or applications (using Python or Java and associated libraries or frameworks: Scikit-Learn, Numpy, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Spark, Spark MLlib, H20.ai, etc.) that utilize, collect, aggregate and clean large data sets to perform analysis, clustering, entity resolution and structured information extraction for work products. Models are trained and refined using these tools and evaluated for effectiveness using appropriate criteria/metrics for the task. This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientists, Data Administrators, Software and Data Engineers to produce work products.
• This role designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including big data sources in a Splunk Deployment Methodology.
• This role develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, model complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate datasets.
• This role analyzes the requirements and evaluates technologies for data science capabilities including Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
• Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
• Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
• This role develops algorithms and analytical techniques to improve business performance.
• Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
• Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field or Bachelor’s degree in a business or management-related field accompanied by experience managing technical requirements in complex programs.
• Certified Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect.
• Experience with using Python.
• Experience developing scripts to query established repositories.
• Experience displaying expert domain knowledge in a technical field.
• Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
• Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
Candidate must have Masters with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 15+ years of prior relevant experience.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
Experience with Splunk Enterprise Cluster Administration
Experience with Architecting Splunk Enterprise
Experience with R and MapReduce
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.