Job Requisition:Project Analyst
Leidos Europe, part of Team Leidos, are looking for a Project Analyst to join the Project Management Office following growth of the Programme.
Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCS[T]) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain.
The Project Analyst role exists to support business change and improvement projects across the LCS(T) Programme; the role provides detail orientated and assured data and analysis in order to inform decision makers.
Initially the role will be 100% dedicated to the LCS(T) expansion project, assuring diligence, supporting delivery and enabling transition of new scope into the LCS(T) Commodity Support Services capability with pace and confidence.
A positive, proactive and tenacious personality is a must. The role will be expected to engage Senior Leadership and operate independently with little guidance. They must be capable of simply articulating complex concepts and ideas for consumption at all levels.
The role holder will develop robust quantitative and qualitative analysis that articulate the savings/benefits realised by the use of the Logistics Commodities and Services Transformation Capabilities.
We need someone who can readily manipulate data and ideally has previous experience of an inventory management/procurement/military environment. Previous experience of MOD systems would be of major benefit!
Needs to be a self-starter who can think “what would be useful to look at next”
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Analyst will be responsible for:
- To model current costs to the MoD of procuring general commodities covered by the LCST Contract
- To model the costs of LCST in undertaking these same tasks;
- To develop comparative analyses of these respective costs that demonstrate the savings to the MoD that can be realized through use of the LCST contract;
- To demonstrate understanding of how MoD builds its own cost models in order to develop models that will be familiar and comfortable to MoD
- To develop comparative analyses of savings (benefits) to the MoD of using LCST compared to current MoD processes in use;
- To demonstrate understanding of the value of technology and innovation that LCST brings in terms of cost savings to the MoD;
- To work closely with Leidos personnel and our teaming partners, to capture how best to portray how LCST can afford savings to the MoD.
Key Result Areas:
The Project Analyst will be accountable for:
- Manipulation and interrogation of large amounts of complex Defence data in order to inform decision making.
- Identifying and supporting the management of risk
- Deputising for the LCST(X) Project Manager as required
Minimum Qualification/Education Level:
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Prince2, APMP, PMI or equivalent (APM preferred)
- Experience of inventory management/Defence procurement
- Advanced modelling of costs and benefits of complex logistics services and programmes
- Complete confidence in using Excel spreadsheets and Visual Basic to create basic and complex cost estimating models
- Must have a strong analytical and quantitative ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and relationship-building skills
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative, operate independently and communicate effectively, both internally, with technical staff, peers, and management as well as externally, with customers, end users and others
- A flexible approach to work; able to work alone or as part of a team.
What do we do for you? :
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic ways of working
Must be able to obtain a Baseline Security check (BPSS) for this role.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.