Leidos is seeking an Staff Software Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
Air Traffic Triage Team:
The Air Traffic Triage team (ATT) is charged with triage and initial analysis of all air traffic control functional issues written against the ERAM system by operational controllers, training environments, and operational evaluation testing groups.
This is a Staff software engineering position. Specifically, you will be working on teams responsible for developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software. Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Performing problem determination and triage of the FAA air traffic control display software within the object oriented environment (primarily Ada95/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
• Supporting the AT control system by triaging air traffic issues resulting from operational, training, and testing uses of the ERAM system.
• Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
• Performing software integration and problem determination as needed for the ERAM system
• Understanding, articulating, and linking user needs and system requirements as they relate to issues requiring triage
• Coordinating issue review and analysis with the System Engineering, Software Engineering, and Integration & Test organizations
• Bachelor's degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8-12 years of professional experience; or 6-10 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Experience in object-oriented development and integration with the Ada, C++, or Java programming languages on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Strong integration and debugging skills.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
• FAA air traffic domain knowledge.
• Working knowledge of ERAM and Data Comm including debug tools utilized such as SWAC, EOPD, sarbot, and SkyDataSentry
• Experience working directly with or for the FAA relating to the En Route Support Help Desk and AIMS system, including processes around issue resolution
• Triage support experience
• En Route Air Traffic Controller experience