Leidos Corporate Group is seeking a Senior Manager of Accounting Analytics to manage our Accounting & Analytics team and support the overall Accounting team in Tucson, Arizona. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the accounting processes, procedures and controls for the team. We are looking for someone with superior communication skills who can communicate effectively with all levels within our organization, strong technical accounting skills, and ability to add value and additional capabilities to our team.
- Manage the Accounting and Analytics team and ensure that the team is properly trained and mentored.
- Responsible for close responsibilities such as managing the accrual process, reserve accounting, and other duties of the team.
- Drive various projects & initiatives requiring effective presentations to others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service within our team and among other teams we work with by creating transparent processes, effective communications, and developing ways to eliminate process bottlenecks.
- Developing and leading streamlining and automation efforts, including Robotics Process Automation.
- Possess expertise in emerging and high risk technical accounting areas of GAAP to identify issues and develop solutions to resolve.
- Interact closely with our Controller team in Reston to ensure operational accounting is in alignment with GAAP and Leidos procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 8+ years of accounting experience or Master's Degree in Accounting with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and possess knowledge and past experience of accounting standards such as ASC 842 and ASC 606.
- Prior public accounting experience within an audit practice is highly preferred.
- Effective leadership and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills.
- Intermediate skills with technology such as Excel (i.e. Pivot tables and formulas) and understanding of ledger systems.