No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing communications specialist to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). The scope encompasses providing expert knowledge of methods and vehicles to communicate NNSA messages (e.g., newsletters, marketing materials, blog posts, websites, social media, etc.). This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated expertise in writing, editing, content development, messaging, managing websites, and developing multimedia products.
This is a contingent, full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Washington, DC.
• Develop and execute communications strategies to advance customer goals via multiple communications vehicles.
• Provide strategic communications support in developing and executing communications initiatives
• Analyze audiences and develop targeted messaging strategies.
• Assist in the management of communication vehicles including webpages and broadcast messages.
• Provide digital communications and product development support.
• Write, edit, review and oversee releases of e-mails, documents, posts, and programs that support the organizational goals
• Create and monitor consistency among products and messaging.
• Ensure products meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
• Assist in managing and maintaining quality control over core communications vehicles, including webpages and SharePoint sites
• Organize, communicate, and provide periodic site logistical support for enterprise-wide meetings.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in related field with 4 years of experience or Master's degree with 2 years of experience
• Proven excellent writing and editing skills (writing samples accepted).
• Working knowledge of GPO Style Manual and Plain Writing Act.
• Proven experience in electronic and print publishing including document creation, web site updates, and graphic design.
• Full understanding of programs necessary for website updates, document creation, and graphics design.
• Working knowledge of the U.S. nuclear security enterprise required.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience working in/with NNSA nuclear security enterprise preferred and working in/with NNSA headquarters strongly preferred.
• DOE Q or DOD TS clearance preferred.