Job Requisition:Security Systems Engineer
The ERAM program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Security Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System.
ERAM is committed to assisting the FAA customer advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is also vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundation for NexGen functions.
Support Information Security Engineering to Leidos aviation ground systems and air traffic control programs as follows:
- Provide primary security engineering support to government-sponsored programs in the FAA’s National Airspace System, including security design requirements;
- Support the generation of the Software Requirements Specification (SRS), and System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) (requirements are based on NIST 800-53);
- Provide general security engineering support with the development and updating of System Security Program Plans, Information System Contingency Plan, System Characterization Document, and Security Standard Operating Procedures;
- Support the scanning and hardening of the system, and verification of security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience, or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated broad background in information security across a broad range of information security skills and technologies, especially Certification and Accreditation (C&A)
- Ability to demonstrate creative, thought leadership in security solutions appropriate for customer and program
- Demonstrated success in working on large-scale, multi-disciplined programs in large corporate environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal, presentation, and written communication skills for sophisticated as well as non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate security issues and concerns effectively at all levels
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated effective customer relations and proven ability to work across organizational and functional lines
- Solid skills in UNIX (AIX, Linux) Demonstrated ability to work well in highly diverse, collaborative, team environment
- Motivated, self-starter
- Familiarity with Information Security directives, regulations, guidance, and controls (e.g. NIST 800-53, FISMA, ISO-27001)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.