The ERAM program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Security Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System.
ERAM is committed to assisting the FAA customer advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is also vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundation for NexGen functions.
Support Information Security Engineering to Leidos aviation ground systems and air traffic control programs as follows:
- Provide primary security engineering support to government-sponsored programs in the FAA's National Airspace System, including security design requirements;
- Support the generation of the Software Requirements Specification (SRS), and System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) (requirements are based on NIST 800-53);
- Provide general security engineering support with the development and updating of System Security Program Plans, Information System Contingency Plan, System Characterization Document, and Security Standard Operating Procedures;
- Support the scanning and hardening of the system, and verification of security requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience, or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Demonstrated broad background in information security across a broad range of information security skills and technologies, especially Certification and Accreditation (C&A)
- Ability to demonstrate creative, thought leadership in security solutions appropriate for customer and program
- Demonstrated success in working on large-scale, multi-disciplined programs in large corporate environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal, presentation, and written communication skills for sophisticated as well as non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate security issues and concerns effectively at all levels
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated effective customer relations and proven ability to work across organizational and functional lines
- Solid skills in UNIX (AIX, Linux) Demonstrated ability to work well in highly diverse, collaborative, team environment
- Motivated, self-starter
- Familiarity with Information Security directives, regulations, guidance, and controls (e.g. NIST 800-53, FISMA, ISO-27001)