No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Project Manager will be responsible for successful delivery of Exchange, Skype, and Sharepoint services to tens of thousands of users. On a day to day basis, the Project Manager will interface directly with the government task lead and oversee the work of a team of experienced engineers and administrators in order to meet contractual SLAs. The Project Manager will also be heavily involved in project management, responsible for coordinating with other infrastructure and operations teams in order to implement complex engineering projects.
The Project Manager is expected to manage the team in line with multiple competing priorities, balancing ongoing operations support as well as engineering projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the team is in compliance with all DOJ processes including incident management, change management, problem management, ISO audits, and others.
- Provide management, technical leadership and organize the activities and personnel associated with operating and maintaining complex communications systems.
- Understand and oversee all phases of the Service Delivery lifecycle;
- Managing staff, including hiring, compensation and employee performance assessments;
- Manage engineering and development project efforts.
- Develop LOEs for tasks and get the customer approvals.
- Manage multiple tasks and supervise approximately 9 person project team.
- Provide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the project(s) and team
- Create, manage, and control project schedules and an Integrated Master Schedule
- Perform project risk management and create the required status reports. Manage all project deliverables on time.
- Ensure adequate communication between the stakeholders and other development teams
- Respond to Data Calls such as computer or hardware details, technical attributes of the Systems, or security audits.
- Manage all required activities to ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across all systems and projects as well other interfacing systems and projects.
- Work with the customer to reprioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business, or equivalent discipline.
- 10 years of experience supporting complex IT systems; preferably Exchange, Skype, and/or SharePoint systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing complex IT systems; preferably Exchange, Skype, and/or SharePoint systems
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- PMP Certification highly desired
- Experience with working at DOJ agencies highly desired