At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
As part of our company mission, we're dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Defense Group of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for a Software Manager located at our Huntsville, AL office, in support of the U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems, (UAS). You will utilize your engineering experience to provide technical input and problem solving for Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS), and Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) programs. You will be part of the Engineering Team supporting UAS systems that includes software, datalinks, avionics, payloads and a full spectrum of functional engineering activities including integration, testing, and process management. Engineering activities include: Requirements analysis, design, functional testing, and all associated documentation.
• Act as a main proponent to ensure successful software engineering for all facets of the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs.
• Manage software team and subcontractor software teams in the execution of projects across the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle.
• Experience with Family of System (FoS) Interoperability Profiles and STANAG 4586 standards.
• Performs top-level design tasks using systems engineering methodology to derive software requirements and overall system impact.
• Develop and manage software development plans, software test descriptions, and software requirements specifications.
• Develop and manage software test procedures and software test plans.
• Conduct and manage software integration test in a Software Integration Lab (SIL) environment.
• Integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks
• Develop and transform low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design.
• Manage sub-contractors executing complex software engineering tasks.
• Develop an integrated master plan for software engineering activities.
• Develop and manage statement of work for software engineering related activities.
• Develop and maintain engineering documentation and diagrams.
• Coordinate and communicate with the United States Army, UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership.
• Responsible for analysis, implementation planning, and subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment will be required.
• Responsible in cross-functional activities to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
-Bachelor of Science in Engineering, and 12+ years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience leading and managing unmanned aircraft systems including technology processes and projects.
• Experience coordinating with Third-Party Hardware and Software Vendors for successful systems integration and testing.
• Experience in diagnosing complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Experience in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
• Experience with Microsoft office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Experience working in a team-based environment to meet objectives.
• Experience in working with Government personnel to identify required activities, to perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues.
• Experience developing Systems requirements.
• Experience with IPTs or smaller task teams.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
-Have a strong background in the UAS field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software
• UAS engineering experience and/or relevant experience in a related field.
• Active DoD Secret clearance.
• 25% CONUS travel required
• Masters in Science.
• Experience in the development of proposals and capture management.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.).
• Report and/or technical writing skills.
• Development Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities.