Job Requisition:Systems Integration Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer / System Integrator who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA’s) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology.
ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B).
ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow
Responsibilities for the role include:
Working both as a member of a team and independently, in this role you will perform the following duties:
• Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips
• Developing Change Request Verification (CRV) test plans and procedures
• Developing, testing, and validating test scenarios
• Executing tests in the Lab and Virtual Test Lab (VTL)
• Performing data analysis necessary to verify test results and Problem Report (PR) fixes
• Identifying software and system issues across the various system functions and threads
• Delivering high quality work products on or ahead of schedule
• Following all documented test processes
• Meeting or exceeding all individual and team objectives/milestones
• Following test processes and using the most efficient methods to deliver a quality product
• Maintaining a team-oriented and positive attitude
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must possess advanced integration skills
- Ability to work independently in the following 3 categories of integration:
- New system functionality integration
- PR verification
- Regression testing
- Previous experience with the FAA and air traffic control is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.