Job Requisition:Sr. Malware Security Info Specialist-POLY REQUIRED
Leidos is looking for the BEST for a Sr. Malware Security Information Specialist in Springfield VA. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance with willingness to obtain a POLY is a HARD requirement.
The essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Establishing and maintaining a malware analysis laboratory
- Make recommendations for hardware, software, and policies and procedures to investigate malware incidents for the entire customer network
- Assist in the development and delivery of malware security awareness products and briefings
- Participate in technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to malware security and vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with the customer, team members consisting of computer security investigators and forensic analysts and other internal and external organizations to facilitate a premier malware program
- Prepare, write and present reports and briefings as required
- Thoroughly investigate instances of malicious code to determine attack vector and payload, and to determine the extent of damage and data exfiltration; provide detailed report of findings
- Conduct reverse-engineering for known and suspected malware files
- Develop analysis and make recommendations for the purchase of hardware that will mitigate malware intrusions
- Ensure hardware and software documentation meets compliance with prevailing Federal Governing directives for IT systems
- Identifies risks to computer systems and makes recommendations for corrective actions
- Provide guidance to affect security of architecture while conducting movement of resources
- Assist the government customer with computer security incident handling and investigations
- An ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance and agree to undergo a Polygraph examination is REQUIRED to be considered for this position.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 11+ years of technical experience working in a malware/systems vulnerability environment
- The applicant should have knowledge of modern Windows Server platforms and desktop operating systems
- Applicants should have experience eradicating computer viruses and malicious code and finding retrieving, analyzing, preserving, and maintaining digital information from computers and network equipment
- The successful candidate must have experience using computer forensics tools EnCase Forensics and EnCase Enterprise, and HB Gary products to include Responder, Digital DNA, and Recon, and network analysis tools such as Wireshark and TCP Dump
- The candidate should have an in-depth working knowledge in DOD and IC intelligence regulations, be familiar with intelligence oversight principles, must possess excellent writing and briefing skills, and be capable of providing polished analysis documentation
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related science field preferred. A minimum of 11 years’ experience in computer science, software engineering, information security fundamentals or general IT
- The candidate should possess excellent analytical skills to assess the organization's security policies, systems and practices, and to identify potential risks
- Requires a high level of attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills to detect and prevent minor errors that could lead to security breaches
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.