Job Requisition:MySQL Database Engineer (Senior) Poly Required
This role requires an individual that is customer and detail oriented and has experience with hands-on IT implementation in a DevSecOps environment. This role provides support for applications, hardware, software, network connections, and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility.
• Candidates must have significant experience designing and developing databases in a DevSecOps environment.
• Candidate should have a firm understanding of database operations in a multi-platform environment leveraging SQL, MySQL, Oracle, and the like.
• Candidate must be familiar with the software development life-cycle.
• Support the development and adherence to procedures and policies.
• This role requires excellent oral and written communication skills and command of the English language.
• Monitor and manage production databases, including assisting in the software release process
• Monitor and manage backend data synchronization applications and external data source retrieval, applications.
• This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
• Minimal of 5 years of experience using MySQL and SQL
• Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
• Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
• Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
• Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
Requires BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master and 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.