Job Requisition:Information Assurance Analyst
The Civil Group at Leidos is looking for an Information Assurance Analyst to assist in security administration, data analytics and event monitoring in our Gaithersburg, MD office.
Perform security scans, analyze scan results, and document findings for products as required to successfully complete continuous monitoring. Scan results and findings are to be documented according to NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes.
- Perform ISSO responsibilities, which includes acting as a point of contact for matters of cyber security relating to assigned systems, reviewing audit trail logs and scans, and ensuring systems are maintained per security policies and procedures, and maintaining compliance and ongoing reporting to management.
- Document and execute a plan for each security assessment and testing task performed in support of project tasks and as tasked for approved project requirements.
- Independently develop and maintain system security documentation, assisting with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements.
- Performing information system certification and accreditation planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities.
- Providing architectural / risk based analysis of information assurance / cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends and requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Must possess excellent writing and communications skills; candidate shall have the ability to develop documentation and management level presentation and present the materials to the management team.
- Other security certification or IT certifications in Linux, Windows and networking
- Candidate is expected to have technical knowledge and skills in one of the following areas: systems administration, network engineering, software development, integration and testing, data analytics or security operations.
- Bachelors degree in technology, engineering or related field from an accredited college AND 5 years of professional experience.
- Technical understanding of supporting security initiatives, conducting security monitoring, reporting and maintaining security compliance following security regulations and policies.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology
- Experience with operating IT security tools.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, Windows Server Operating System or networking.
- Requires US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- CISSP security certification
- Experience with Information Technology hardware & software support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with IT operations in cloud computing environments, i.e., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Computer system logging and auditing experience, data search and parsing using basic data analytics skills
- 2+ years of directly relevant experience with of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.