Job Requisition:Deputy of Operations & Maintenance
Leidos has a career opening for a Deputy of Operations and Maintenance at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
The Deputy of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) manages an operations team of over 200 contractors for the DISA Global Operations Center. The operations team is geographically dispersed, provides 24 x 7 support, and responsible for incident management, restoral, and reporting of optical and legacy network, IP core, and Unified Capability events. The Deputy O&M manager works closely with functional team managers and senior Network Operations Center (NOC) management to establish cross functional processes and procedures and establish standard policies and procedures which are ITIL based and reflect the overall mission of the GSM-O.
- Oversee and direct all aspects of network operations.
- Directly manage contractor support staff.
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies.
- Status reporting to the task order manager and customer.
- Creating, documenting, and executing action plans.
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks.
- Manages aspects of multiple operations tasks simultaneously.
- Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance, budget and schedule.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited college or university with 5+ years of professional experience; additional years of Network Management experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Prior Network Operations experience.
- You must have an active Secret security clearance.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.