Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer / System Integrator who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B). ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
In this job you will learn and be responsible for the following:
• Plan, design, and evaluate test plans and procedure, as well as collaborate with systems engineering, software and production management.
• Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analysis and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Communicate with internal and client project team members. Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
• Execute test procedures in an ERAM lab environment - maintain the integrity of the ERAM system and discover any problems prior to the system being released to the Air Traffic Controllers.
• Document and analyze issues, and help determine a solution with System Engineering and Software
• Resolution of software and system issues.
• Perform verification of new functionality added to the ERAM System
• Develop robust regression tests for new required tests, up-level existing tests with newly added functionality in a software release.
• Provide real-time support to the remote air traffic control centers if necessary
• Typically requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Industrial or Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
• Basic Knowledge/Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate in a fast paced environment, and to pay attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to work effectively with stakeholders and other team members.
• Problem Determination
• Strong integration skills
• Air Traffic Knowledge
• Scenario/Simulation Knowledge