Leidos has a career opportunity for a Field Office Manager (FOM) for the Huntsville Alabama market.
The candidate is responsible for developing and maintaining a new business opportunity pipeline across four Leidos business groups, with adherence to the Leidos Business Development methods, process and procedures. The candidate will work in collaboration with the business groups to grow the validated pipeline of opportunities, and to take the steps necessary to increase the probability of winning programs, made possible by a $4.5B existing validated pipeline, by cultivating and sustaining exceptional customer relations with current and potential future customers across the Huntsville region. Growing business across Defense, Intelligence, Civil and Health Group portfolios is the candidate's primary objective at all times within current and emerging markets. The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years of job experience across a variety of Huntsville customers, business partners and mission areas. Preference for past job experience (government or commercial) with the target Huntsville-based customer population, along with demonstrated skills in business development and customer relations. Experience with Command and Control, Information Technology, Cyberspace programs and capabilities across multiple customers in the Huntsville area is desired. This individual will leverage existing customer and business relationships and personal networks to identify and assess potential future business opportunities that lead to improved book-to-bill results and, over time, measurable revenue growth. He/she will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and to monitor and communicate activities and capabilities of business competitors and potential partners. Candidates will work collaboratively with Group Business Development leads and Strategic Account Executives with responsibilities for specific customer pursuits, and assist in the development of an annual business plan and supporting customer engagement, partnership, communications and marketing strategies. The ideal candidate has the business acumen and maturity to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies and will be able to regularly interact at all levels of customer organizations, with Leidos business line managers, and with corporate and functional staff, while demonstrating a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Proactively identify new business opportunities.
• Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
• Develop, organize and execute significant cross organizational capture activities, including building Leidos and industry teams, assess win probability, and execute customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order win business with new and existing customers.
• Serve as the lead for Huntsville-based customer engagement and call plan development, coordination, and execution; providing detailed reports including follow up activities during call plan execution.
• Participate in business planning and strategy activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops and proposal reviews.
• Collaborates with appropriate Strategic Account Executives and Business Group leads and line managers to support Leidos objectives and customer engagement plans.
• Provides business leads and program managers with recommendations and insights on challenged programs, to help keep them from placement on a Program Watchlist and enable meetings with customers to address shortcomings of such programs.
• Supports execution of current programs, resolve issues and provide customer insights and feedback to program leads.
• Supports overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities that support the quarterly business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
• Interacts routinely with all levels of Operation and Group management, functional and technical staff, and customers, including follow up and reporting on key assignments and projects.
• Brief capture status to senior management at specified gate reviews during the capture process.
• Conduct after action reviews for all business capture participants to document lessons learned and to identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with and participating in local community affairs, to include: local chamber organizations, Academia, local business groups/forums and customer-sponsored activities.
• Remain aware and knowledgeable of Leidos technologies and capabilities through collaboration with LInC and subject matter experts.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 15+ years of related business experience (additional experience, training or education may be considered).
• This role requires the candidate to have a proven track record of successful customer engagement, business development, program and capture management across multiple customer organizations and program offices for a variety of acquisition sizes with a cumulative total of at least $250M in successful captures over the last three years.
• Intimate organizational and mission knowledge of multiple government customer organizations where requirements and opportunities align to Leidos business group offerings including, but not limited to: Army Redstone, NASA, MDA, FBI, VA, any associated R&D labs, as well as any associated supporting organizations and local universities.
• Prior Experience working directly with Huntsville assigned military and government civilian personnel.
• Flexibility to travel as required, estimated at up to 20% per month.
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
• Candidates must possess an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS clearance.
• Experience with Corporate customer relations, HR, budget, business capture processes, and contracting organization and procedures.