The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). The candidate will perform as Project Manager for the Integration team and is responsible for all schedules, requirements, and cost.
Supporting the SENS3 management team, the selected individual will be responsible for providing services for the design and project management of new sites, IT renovations, cabling, server room space, desktop PC deployments, printers, faxes, phone(s) and copiers; data storage, shared drives, and general-purpose applications on HSDN and C-LAN. Conduct site surveys, if necessary, and document them in each Site Deployment Package. Execute the execution activities in Site Deployment Packages upon Government approval. Acquire, warehouse, and inventory assets for deployment to new and existing sites. Ensure that work on all approved MAC and new site requests comply with the DHS network and enterprise architecture, DHS policy and guidance documents, and with all security requirements. When appropriate, decommission system equipment for DHS sites that directly support the SENS3 program.
- Requires a BS and 4 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience. Years of experience may be substituted in in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years experience with Network Support, Network equipment, cabling, wiring.
- Experience in network management and local area network design and implementation.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Ability to brief staff members to and contribute solutions to decisions.
- Work cooperatively as a team member and provide recommendations to DHS building effective customer relationships.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
- Experience with Agile, SAFE, DevOps project management experience.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Project in developing project schedules, resource pools, and critical path/dependency analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong customer relationship management skills.
- Experience developing customer briefings, presentations.
- Experience managing project development teams in software development, infrastructure management, or system transitions.
- Experience in supporting design reviews.
- Experience in developing customer requirements, test/evaluation criteria, and project dependencies.
- Experience with risk management, labor cost estimation, and opportunity development.