The Mission Solutions Operation (MSO) within Leidos has an opening for a Program Manager to support the Mission Support Division (MSD). This Program Manager position is 75% direct, 25% indirect. MSO is a leading provider of language, analytic and mission information technology services in support of national security customers.
The Program Manager will be responsible for directing and growing a medium size Leidos Medical Services contract, interfacing with all levels of customer and Leidos management and directly contributing to the success of the entire Operation. The Program Manager will lead a 5 year (9/2018 - 9/2023) program working side by side with Leidos Health and Leidos subsidiary, QTC. The Program Manager will be responsible for capturing, articulating and managing program status, schedule, cost and requirements as well as directing the day-to-day operations of the program. The Program Manager will plan, organize and control the technical, cost and schedule elements during the life of the contract. The Program Manager will follow and update as necessary, a Project Management Plan that details the staffing, organization, monitoring and control methods for managing the effort. The Program Manager will track and report program tasks, cost, and provide metrics for pertinent areas of performance.
The Program Manager will be a leader in the organization; will communicate short and long-term objectives and direction to subordinate managers and teams. Additionally the PM will create and maintain a professional and performance-oriented organization; demonstrate highly ethical behavior that is conducive to professional growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development. The PM will develop and maintain effective relationships with current and potential customers, business partners and subcontractors; make complex/difficult financial, business, and personnel decisions with outcomes in the best interest of the company, customer, and employees. The PM will meet all contractual obligations; leverage Leidos corporate resources to ensure program needs are identified, communicated, and met. Additionally duties will be assigned by the Division Manager in order to maintain a full-time schedule; those duties include assisting in proposals, BOEs, for example.
Performance objectives may include: delivering Leidos financial AOP commitments in revenue and fee; a focus on retention of personnel, limiting attrition to stated goals; creating a diverse and inclusive environment for Leidos and team personnel; organically growing and promoting Leidos direct labor on existing programs, supporting the development, maintenance, and implementation of MSO strategies, and the embracing of Leidos values and supervisor expectations.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of increasingly complex management assignments, including successful supervisory or leadership experience
- 5 years direct experience with the MSO customer
- Active, current Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph, and the ability and willingness to maintain this clearance while holding this position
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse workforce at multiple locations
- Strong track record of organizational leadership and business management, including strong analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills; possess outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to gain internal support and consensus; ability to operate independently using solid judgment and without extensive supervision or feedback
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage risk
- Ability to establish an effective working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers; ability to motivate employees and ensure engagement
- Ability to partner with infrastructure support personnel to include project control, finance, contracts, subcontracts, HR, recruiting, and business development personnel to effectively manage, grow, and recompete programs
- PMP Certification
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed workforce
- Experience with Medical Services programs or direct Medical experience