Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer / System Integrator who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology.
ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B).
ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow
Responsibilities for the role include:
Working both as a member of a team and independently, in this role you will perform the following duties:
• Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips
• Developing Change Request Verification (CRV) test plans and procedures
• Developing, testing, and validating test scenarios
• Executing tests in the Lab and Virtual Test Lab (VTL)
• Performing data analysis necessary to verify test results and Problem Report (PR) fixes
• Identifying software and system issues across the various system functions and threads
• Delivering high quality work products on or ahead of schedule
• Following all documented test processes
• Meeting or exceeding all individual and team objectives/milestones
• Following test processes and using the most efficient methods to deliver a quality product
• Maintaining a team-oriented and positive attitude
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must possess advanced integration skills
- Ability to work independently in the following 3 categories of integration:
- New system functionality integration
- PR verification
- Regression testing
- Previous experience with the FAA and air traffic control is required