Leidos Health is currently seeking an HVAC Specialist to support a Department of Veteran Affairs mission critical data center located in Austin, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services provided/housed in a data center.
Must have prior experience in installing, operating, and maintaining large computer room air conditioning (CRAC) systems in an IT data center. As a member of the 24/7/365 team:
- Perform 24/7/365 monitoring and readiness of Data Center infrastructure and space.
- Tour of duty will involve shift work. This position, after completing on-boarding and training, will be working the shift Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, midnight to 10:30 a.m.
- Schedule tour of duties, review daily reports, and manage day to day operations of IT Equipment Room Operations
- Support the operation and maintenance of the Data Center's environmental systems, including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, power systems, and fire protection systems. HVAC systems may include chilled water, condenser water, direct expansion refrigerant, and/or other type systems, depending on the location.
- Monitor the computer room mechanical support systems, including chilled water systems (water chillers, air conditioning units, pumps, distribution piping, heat rejection units, cooling towers, air handlers, humidifiers, and other HVAC equipment) and heating systems (boilers, water heaters, and other HVAC equipment).
- Monitor emergency generators, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, storage batteries, transfer switches, transformers, switch gear, electrical monitoring and distribution equipment, variable speed drives, lighting systems, circuit breakers of all sizes and descriptions, and other electrical systems/equipment to ensure a stable, redundant, reliable computer room environment.
- Review, install, and close out computer room system installations and de-installations of HVAC equipment/systems.
- Ensure the computer room operating environment in accordance with applicable ASHRAE guidance for Class A computer room environments.
- Plan, implement, and maintain a predictive sustainment, maintenance, and repair program for installed infrastructure equipment supporting the computer room environments.
- Closed loop cooling maintenance and repair.
- Maintain system operational and maintenance logs by tracking scheduled and unscheduled events, record issues and identify potential risks to reliable equipment operations for future engineering review and trend analysis.
- Prepare correspondence, memorandum, reports and related documents as required by ITOPS IO standards or other directives provided by the Government COR/VA PM.
- Prepare reports required for tracking progress as required.
- Establish and maintain assigned project files for the Facilities Management Section.
- Perform analysis on equipment as required to maintain performance. Research online or other sources for market research information and prepare results for COR Per COR Instructions.
- Review, analyze, and provide recommended updates to all operational and maintenance procedures.
- Adhere to task order specifications and established policies and procedures by reporting any noted discrepancies to the COR, Government VA PM, or management.
- Document and update facility maintenance plans and schedules.
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Active Texas Air Conditioning / Refrigeration License
- Certificate of Attendance - OSHA Safety (10-hour course)
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Must be US Citizen
- Experience with chiller plants a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)