Leidos is seeking a Project Management and Customer Service Lead in Silver Spring. This position is contingent upon contract award.
This position will be instrumental in managing a portfolio projects and customers for a manufacturing facility in Silver Spring, MD. S/he will coordinate projects (scheduler), maintain customer database, interact with clients to ensure open communications, and be the main point of contact for client issues.
- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, executing and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality
- Responsible for leading cross functional teams to achieve project objectives, regularly report on status, and manage projects through the entire lifecycle.
- Manage scope, schedule, quality, and risks and issues for concurrent high visibility projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers.
- Analyze project management needs and tailor industry best practices to suit environment.
- Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, resolve issues and conflicts, and provide responsive change management.
- Work with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets to support successful performance across operations and projects.
- Develop and maintain both programmatic and technical documentation.
- Participate in meetings; follow up on direction, action items, questions, documentation, etc.
- Enforce project roles and owners, communication processes, and status meeting schedule.
- Serve as a point of contact for customer leadership and corporate executive management.
- Bachelor's degree in business or biological science
- 3+ years project management experience, working with cross functional teams
- PMP Certification, desired
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience Microsoft Project and SharePoint.
- Experience writing MS Project Plans.
- Ability to analyze problems with a flexible and creative approach, manage complex tasks and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and strong customer-facing skills.
- Self-starter and quick learner with lots of initiative and ability to work independently.
- All proposed personnel to perform services contractor must verify employment eligibility (E-Verify) and obtain a favorable National Agency Check (NACI).