Job Requisition:Exercise Planner
Leidos has an opportunity for an Exercise Planner to support a dynamic mission based in the McLean, Virginia area. We are seeking skilled exercise planning officers with at
least 9+ years of practical experience with exercise planning in the Intelligence Community.
The position calls for a certified Homeland Security Exercises and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) planner or a candidate who has been training towards their HSEEP certification with nine (9) years of experience in the planning, developing, coordinating and execution of all levels of exercise events (seminars, workshops, tabletops, games, drills, functional and full-scale) and reporting the findings/results
from every exercise executed on behalf of the customer. The candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience involving the use and application of the National Incident Management System and Incident Command Structure in all-hazard crisis response situations.
The candidate needs to be a self-starter able to effectively communicate with senior managers and coordinate with partners in verbal and written formats.
Candidate must be have training towards Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) certification.
· Candidate must be familiar with the exercise business model and be able to lead and develop an exercise from the concept stage through to
post exercise evaluations, after-action reports and when applicable implementation of results.
· Candidate must have the ability to develop all exercise products to include but not limited to meeting notes, mock exercise injects, exercise
scripts/play, after action reports and recommendations, and the various planning documents within HSEEP.
The candidate needs to have familiarity with the procedures during a pre-incident, incident, and post-incident crisis event.
Candidate must be able to chair and brief at planning conferences of various sizes and be able to culminate findings in clear succinct reporting that will be actionable to the managers and fellow
Candidate must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally in support of customer
goals. Estimated travel is 15% of the schedule
"External Referral Eligible"
· Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts/Sciences (or related field) and/or equivalent formal military training and 9+ years of related experience.
· Intelligence community or military experience preferred
· Candidates must have strong oral and written communications skills
· Must be familiar and able to use the Microsoft Office suite for the development of exercise deliverables
· Strong background with various Intelligence Community tools and databases is required
· Candidates should have a proven track record working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking (i.e. multiple phone calls, monitor
cable traffic/e-mails, tasking from various government agencies, etc.)
· Must be available to travel CONUS and OCONUS 15% or more
· Must have current TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.