No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
This position provides full time direct support to the US Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology program (ACE-IT) within the Federal, Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation. We are seeking a senior program financial analyst to support a three year, $239M program in all business aspects of financial control including planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting. This position serves as liaison between the project management teams, finance and line management. The position will review the status of projects and budgets, manage schedules, prepare status reports as well as developing mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers and customers.
The successful candidate will work independently to support the objectives of the assigned projects. The position will have significant impact on the project's operational accomplishments and will be responsible for specific processes within the project. This position requires a problem solver that can pull together knowledge from a broad range of subjects to produce thorough analyses of complex, challenging issues, and use those analyses to find solutions. Excellent communication skills both internally and externally are essential to the success of this position as we work with all functional peers along with the project teams - both Leidos project teams and the customer project teams. The ability to work with remote teams and in a fast paced environment is also essential for success in this position.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Development and on-going support of basis of estimates, project cost, schedules and milestones, resource allocation, cost and schedule status reporting and ad hoc financial analyses support to program management assessment
- Regularly monitor project funding, cost, schedules and performance and will support life cycle updates of cost estimates to completion (ETC)/estimates at completion (EAC)
- Responsible for pricing new task order and changes/on contract growth to existing programs
- Work in close coordination with project managers to assess program performance for reasonableness against cost and schedule, assist managing change control of scope of work and/or resource allocation
- Support cash goals of reducing total cycle time for invoicing and collections
- Bachelor's degree in business/accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education)
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- 8+ years of experience in project controls or related program planning and analysis role
- Must possess excellent communication skills, intermediate to advanced level of experiences in use of spreadsheets, databases and financial planning tools
- Must be able to support multiple programs and process multiple tasks with a proven ability to collect and analyze information in a complex and dynamic operating environment
- Must possess strong customer service orientation - including both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of general accounting, financial management and project control concepts, strong analytical skills, intermediate to advanced Excel and database skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate government contracting regulations and various contract types, indirect cost pools, forward pricing
- Deltek financial software, Microsoft Office suite