Leidos is seeking an Air Worthiness Engineer with experience in airworthiness certification of aircraft and/or related products for civilian and/or military aircraft (manned or unmanned) to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Candidates must currently possess a Secret security clearance in order to be considered. The Air Worthiness Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- Review designs for changes to existing systems to improve reliability, maintainability and/or performance.
- Perform integration, verification, validation, test and instructional tasks.
- Perform studies and participate in research, development and implementation of programs. Evaluate and perform cost benefit analysis of improvement initiatives.
- Recommend improvement/upgrade programs for RSAF aircraft systems and support equipment. Review and recommend RSAF authorizations of engineering modifications. Progress approval of improvement initiatives through external design organizations and technical authorities.
- Define requirements and manage the implementation and acceptance of new buy and upgrade programs.
- Investigate aircraft related problems affecting fleet performance. Monitor test programs and evaluate test data to identify problems and/or to verify performance.
- Participate in accident investigations. Evaluate and provide recommendations on major defect and aircraft incident reports.
- Prepare staff correspondence to organizations internal and external to the RSAF.
- Support RSAF officers at meetings and participate in design and program management reviews.
- The jobholder is required to manage and coordinate engineering modification projects. Consequently, a large proportion of time will be spent proactively planning and organizing resources within the RSAF to ensure tasks are completed to meet project timescales, which often are dependencies for other projects.
- The jobholder must plan for the involvement of other agencies from within the RSAF and its' associated programs. Responsive to RSAF inputs and requirements, both immediate and long term is essential with the RSAF demanding the highest quality in all cases.
- The jobholder must rationalize all inputs and coordinate outputs to achieve maximum co-operation and support.
- The jobholder will be required to produce briefings, engineering drawings, specifications, interface control documents, engineering reports, test plans, Technical Orders, and Time Compliance Technical Orders in detail from data which he will be responsible for defining and collecting. Verbal briefings and presentations on the above will be given to the RSAF Director and Team Manager on a daily basis.
- The jobholder must comply with all RSAF safety directives and instructions.
- The jobholder is required to assist in the creation of original designs for engineering solutions that demand imaginative innovation and extensive planning.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering and a minimum of Fifteen (15) years prior experience in the field of aerospace, aeronautical, structural and/or systems engineering disciplines for civil and/or military aircraft and equipment, especially in the area of airworthiness certification/critical aircraft safety.
- Must have expertise, knowledge and/or training on Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Order 8130.2G, Airworthiness Certification of Aircraft and Related Products; International Civilian Aviation Organization (ICAO) Airworthiness Manual Document 9760; European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Airworthiness Certificates Part 21; and/or General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) Regulation Section 8 Airworthiness of Aircraft.
- Must have been involved with the design, development, and integration of complex military systems; and experience in overseeing design and development of aircraft projects.
- Must have participated in airworthiness certification process on various aircraft (military or civilian).
- Must be able to develop and integrate concepts that involve requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of the weapon system life cycle, including all aspects of technical program that involve trade-off of performance life-cycle cost risk probability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Computer literate and an experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
- Knowledge of aviation quality management systems, continued airworthiness and project management.
- A good all round awareness of RSAF processes and procedures.
- A good all round awareness of RSAF programs, Suppliers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Government to Government Standard Agencies, International Standards Agencies and academic/research establishments.
- Must have Active Secret clearance
- Arabic language proficiency.
- Master's Degree or higher and Chartered Engineer status is desirable