The Leidos Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Portfolio has a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Operations Instructor.. The Operations Instructor will provide technical support under the Leidos prime contract for delivering services and development efforts supporting the Combat Capabilities Development Command Chemical and Biological Center (CCDC CBC). This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground - Edgewood Area, Maryland.
The Operations Instructor will support the Advanced Chemical, Biological, Radiological (CBR) Training team and will deliver expertise to Federal Government agencies in supporting the combat against Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD). As part of the effort the SME shall be responsible in working with both Federal Government staff / officials and other Leidos support personnel in planning, executing, and completing field activities associated with WMD and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) training, demonstration, field exercises, table top exercises and other duties as assigned by the Government Project Team Lead.
- Assist Federal Agencies in training development of countermeasures to chemical and biological agents and other WMDs
- Serves and assists CCDC CBC in WMD efforts as a technical member between the training team and various classified and unclassified customers, to include Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and Department of Energy
- Leads/supports chemical training events through the lifecycle - defining organizational tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP's); integration of TTP's with the training being offered; interfacing with CBRNE subject matter experts; building a rapport with the customer; partnering with Chief, Special Plans Office to develop business.
- Assists in special projects for classified customers, to include chemical solutions as it relates to engineering, construction, response, training and application.
- Articulates and communicates to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- B.S. Degree in technical field (Sciences) with 2-4 years' chemical (WMD) training experience or 5 or more years' experience with CBRNE and WMD technical support to include field experience.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience in setting up, operating, maintaining, and calibrating field analytical equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with government and contractor personnel
- Ability to coordinate team activities and offer expertise for the resolution of issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Ability to travel 20-25 percent of the time.
- Military Experience, Civil Support Team experience and/or Military Occupation Specialty preferred.
- Experience in working with Gov't and civilian agencies.
- Experience in organic chemical synthesis techniques