The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Software Systems Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
The Software Systems Engineer must possess a working knowledge and understand of system analysis, software development methodologies, analyzing systems on a mid-large scale.
- Analyzing and resolving complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
- Providing support for system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configuring and managing Linux operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures system components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Providing detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers
- Providing support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client HW and SW technologies to include system analyst, engineering, administration and programming. The candidate will perform Software System Engineer analysis and Linux Admin and Application installation in a prototype development and evaluation lab on customer site. The candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work with a team as well as independently and learn new HW and SW technologies quickly.
- Experience designing applications and complex hardware/software solutions
- Experience providing technical direction and delegating complex engineering tasks.
- Programming Experience
- Ability to integrate with the customer cloud based data systems
Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 12-15 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid- to large-scale.
- Candidate must meet all qualifications associated with Sections C3,T1. And C3.T4. of DoD Directive 8570.01-M entitled "Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program."
- Independent thinker, doer and self-starter
- Experience with hosting, clustering and load balancing applications
- Experience working with nVIDIA Docker and GPU-compute applications
- Development experience with very strong aptitude and interest in learning innovative technologies
- Proven experience in RedHat Linux, CentOS or SELinux System Administration
- Proven experience installing and configuring applications
- VM and storage (nfs) experience
- Active Security+ or CISSP certification
- Bash, python or similar scripting skills
- General networking concepts
- Puppet and/or Ansible CM tools experience
- Very strong troubleshooting skills
Desired Skills (if any)
- Technical Experience working with large scale data sets
- Machine Learning/AI experience
- Apache tomcat
- Palo Alto firewalls and rule sets
- Docker Containers
- Jupyter Notebooks and GPU technologies