Job Requisition:Senior SourceFire Expert
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Network Defense (CND) SourceFire SME (Subject Matter Expert) to perform technical work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD’s JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. This position is responsible for providing configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for SourceFire appliances installed in the JRSS environment. Relocation may be available.
As the SourceFire SME, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools deployed in stacks. You must be able to integrate with other technical teams, with DISA personnel, with vendor technical support personnel, and with technical representatives from DoD services; working as part of an integrated, cross-platform team that provides CND capability, and military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used.
The candidate will support SourceFire tools deployed in stacks and will assist with initial configuration, troubleshooting, support and project management. Candidate should have extensive CND architectural design experience as well as significant hands-on experience with SourceFire. The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Install and configure the tool (including any work that needs to be done on the underlying OS)
- Integrate the tool for RBAC services such as AD, LDAP, TACACS+
- Configure the tool to work with system health monitoring tools via SNMP for status
- Create and edit profiles appropriate for the customer environment
- Understand filters with profiles and impact they have on performance
- Monitor the tool’s health and performance
- Tune system parameters to enhance/improve system performance
- Provide Tier 2/3 troubleshooting for SourceFire issues, either within the tool or as part of an integrated team of professionals addressing larger issues
- Assist other JRSS teams that perform lifecycle O&M on the tools by acting as tool expert
- Configure, troubleshoot, and monitor event flows including the integration of SourceFire data into a SIEM for use by cyber intrusion analysts
- Provide “on the job training” to less experienced JRSS, DISA or DoD Services’ team members
- Act as the senior subject matter expert on the tool for interactions with other teams
- Develop documentation (installation guides, support staff training materials, etc.) to support the mission
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 or more years experience; or 10 years experience with a related Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- To be a successful fit to this assignment, you should be well versed in TCP/IP communications.
- Have a general knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network.
- Familiar with the MS Office tool suite.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Per contract requirements, U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Prior experience as a network intrusion analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
- Experience with one or more of the other CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
- Fidelis DLP and MDE
- Tipping Point
- Arc Sight
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.