Job Requisition:Shipboard Installer
Shipboard Installer in support of the U.S. Navy Integrated Logistics Center (ILC). The ILC mission conducts maintenance, modernization, and installation of ASW sonar systems. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the ILC mission. The successful candidate will be a proven performer and self-starter with the ability to work well as a part of a team. The Shipboard Installer will be based in San Diego with approximately 75% travel to multiple Naval ports both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Perform cable removal and connector building on U.S. Navy Ships.
- Provide installation and finalization of cableways, connectors, etc. on U.S. Navy Ships.
- Follow direction, learn to read installation drawings, and work as part of a team.
- Travel extensively and work overtime.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with less than 1 year of relevant experience sufficient to perform maintenance tasks.
- Ability to learn installation techniques and methods quickly and produce a quality product.
- Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 pounds.
- Possess a valid passport.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance required.
- Alteration Installation Team (AIT) experience.
- Active Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.