Leidos has an opening for a Junior level System Administrator residing at a customer facility in the St. Louis area. An ACTIVE TS/SCI and a willingness to obtain a POLY is REQUIRED for consideration.
Are you a self-starter who likes to work independently yet be a part of a team that is supporting the Intelligence Community? This position will provide a challenge as you monitor multiple multi-user computer systems, set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Additionally, you will interact with peers and users evaluating vendor products, make recommendations gained thru your experience and demonstrated understanding of hardware and software to purchase, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery solutions. This position requires that you have a working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain as you develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Ensure antivirus and patch levels are up to date for workstations, and servers.
- Respond to tickets for close support of analysts to include application, hardware and OS issues.
- Install and Support anti-virus software from various manufactures
- Support multiple Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2 Active Directory networks.
- Install, configure and support various operating systems including: Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, Windows 7, VMWare ESXi, Red Hat ES 6 & 7 and CentOS 6 & 7.
- Responsible for all COTS software installation, setup and integration support.
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN connectivity. Monitor router and server performance.
- Install and support other COTS products such as MS Office 2007/2010, MATLAB, CREO, STK and other specialized engineering applications.
- Support installation, configuration, updating, etc. multiple Exchange 2003/2007/2010 servers running on Microsoft Windows active directory networks.
- Maintain system backups using Veritas Netbackup and Symantec Backup Exec.
- Utilize Microsoft WSUS 3.0 on larger networks for updating servers and workstation.
- Design/maintain scripts written in Microsoft Command language or Linux shell scripting for maintaining systems and gathering information.
- Support multiple Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 active directory domains.
- Support multiple Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 installations.
- Perform system admin functions as a result of new or current customer requests/requirements.
- Coordinate with the Engineering team to ensure production systems are operational and patches have been tested and are ready to be implemented.
- Provide & host antivirus updates through Linux Apache server.
- Performed server backups and create images for recovery purposes.
- Provide full lifecycle sustainment of Enterprise Cyber Defense Infrastructure in support of a Tier1/Tier2 CNDSP.
- Health/wellness monitoring of critical cyber defense applications, account management for analysts, backup/recovery, patching/upgrading and system configuration/setup.
- BA/BS Degree in related IT field and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- ACTIVE TS/SCI and willingness to obtain a CI Poly level clearance is REQUIRED to be considered.
- Experience with Veritas and Symantec backup exec, testing and pushing patch software, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 installations
- Familiar with Support multiple Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2 Active Directory networks.
- Be able to install, configure and support various operating systems including: Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, Windows 7, VMWare ESXi, Red Hat ES 6 & 7 and CentOS 6 & 7.
- Certifications required: 8570 IAT II
- Security+ Certification- Preferred upon arrival. Must obtain within 6 months of arrival on program.
"External Referral Eligible"