Leidos is looking for a Paralegal to join us in support of the U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Division in Washington, DC at 1400 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC. The period of performance is through May 30, 2020.
Trial Attorneys require assistance from Paralegals with case investigation, preparation of legal documents, research and preparation for trial. They will obtain evidence from their research, organize materials needed, prepare witnesses and issue legal documents such as subpoenas. They will work closely with the case attorneys and they may also appear at trial.
- Must have a paralegal certificate (or a law degree).
- Must have at least one year of litigation paralegal experience.
- Shall have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum and must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Skilled in typing, proofreading, drafting correspondence, calendaring deadlines, organizing and scanning files, reviewing statutes, and electronically filing documents with the court.
- Trial experience in preparing and organizing evidence, discovery, and trial exhibits, such as statistical charts, power points, and demonstrative exhibits, to be presented in court and interrogatories, requests for financial information, and third-party subpoenas.
- Skilled in the use of automated litigation support systems, in order to track and maintain status on document processing, in support of large-scale, document heavy, complex litigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items.
- One (1) year of Relativity experience, preferred.