The Synthetic Environment Core (SE Core) program is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
The Software Engineer will perform software development/engineering, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The software engineer will perform these activities in support of software tool development for the generation of constructive and virtual geospatial database products in support of large scale simulation efforts. Must have prior experience with one or more of TerraSim TerraTools, VBS2/VBS3, Presagis Terra Vista and its Plug-ins, ESRI GIS tools, Presagis Creator, Game engines, firsthand experience with terrain database output compilers, and terrain processing. Must have a firm understanding of the processes involved in full lifecycle software development. Must also have experience in developing software in a team environment. Must have experience in software development or systems integration on a recent software development effort using current technology tools. Must have experience with constructive, virtual or gaming simulation systems.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline required with 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Thorough knowledge of coding with Python and/or C/C++ with strong Object Oriented (OO) development
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
- Discipline to work in a CMMI Level III development environment
- Task leader experience for a team of 3 to 5 personal
- Must possess superior communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Must also possess the positive attitude and team spirit needed to succeed in an integrated product team environment
- U.S. citizenship is required because the candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET level clearance in order to join the program
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Previous experience in any of the following: 1) the design, development, and maintenance of computer based live, virtual, constructive or gaming simulations (LVC-G), 2) game software development, 3) XML, SVN and Linux, 4) CMMI Level III development process, 5) Microsoft Office tools