The Synthetic Environment Core (SE Core) program is looking for a Simulation Database Engineer to join our team. As a Simulation Database Engineer, the candidate will utilize off-the-shelf and custom created modeling and simulation products to produce and maintain Terrain Databases in support of constructive training systems.
- Support the development of tools used to produce Terrain Databases in support of constructive training systems using off-the-shelf and custom created geospatial, modeling and simulation products.
- Support trade studies of emerging technologies to recommend the best technical approach considering the impacts to cost, schedule, and performance.
- Provide technical expertise in areas including database formats for simulation; geographic information systems; mapping, charting, geodesy and imagery (MCG&I) source data, SNE interchange issues and impacts of terrain databases on simulation system interoperability and reviews technical products.
- Interface with developers and end-users related key contacts, organizations, reporting chains and coordination POCs in order to leverage existing opportunities and exploit those deemed beneficial for the affecting of current and future development.
- Work with related GIS software and programs used to create and maintain databases and/or maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data.
- Support software tool development for the generation of constructive geospatial database products in support of large scale simulation efforts
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements/required outputs, or to develop applications.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups.
- Perform tasks to validate that tools and processes together meet the requirements for virtual, constructive, and gaming terrain database generation
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field, with 8+ years related experience; and/or Master's degree, with 6+ years related experience.
- 5 years expertise in areas associated with the development and representation of 3D terrain database for simulation training systems. Specific experience shall include:
- An in-depth understanding of image generator and game engine pipelines, technologies, principles, best practices and limitations
- Knowledge of terrain database tradeoffs to meet system performance goals
- Experience with atmospheric/environmental/weather effects model representations in both game engines and simulation systems
- Understanding on managing correlation between multiple training systems
- Detail oriented in tracking, correcting, and following through on DR/CR process
- Commitment to seeing projects to completion within pre-determined timeframes
- Flexibility to work well in a fast paced ever-changing environment
- Understanding of modeling concepts including generation, integration, and optimization 3D Terrain Database Representation and Interchange
- Must have experience with the generation of SNE databases for gaming, and virtual simulation systems.
- Must possess superior communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Must also possess the positive attitude and team spirit needed to succeed in an integrated product team environment
- U.S. citizenship is required because the candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET level clearance in order to join the program
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Proficient in ArcGIS, Global Mapper or other associated GIS tool suites is desired
- Photo/imagery interpretation, feature extraction using ArcGIS.
- TerraSim TerraTools experience is strongly desired
- Dignitas C-nergy tool experience is a strongly desired
- Presagis Terra Vista, Creator or ESRI toolsets is desired
- Constructive simulation systems such as OneSAF, WARSIM, JCATS, AARS, JDLM is desired
- Modeling and Simulation of ultra-high resolution buildings (UHRBs) and dynamic terrain is desired
External Referral Eligible