Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Senior/Lead Systems Engineer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Mission Command Division based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at both Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and Ft. Sill/Lawton, OK.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Mission Command, Fires and C2 Maneuver systems. You will provide technical support to the Family of Tactical and Strategic Mission Command systems to include: FBCB2, JCR, JBC-P, FSS, Common Software, BCCS, TSI, GCCS-A, TS3, TDI, CPI2, DCO, TDM, COE v3, CPCE, Command Web, DDS, CPOF, GCCS-A; SICPS and MIP/ACIS as well as the US Army's FIRES Family of Systems including: AFATDS, JADOCS, FOS, FF-Q37, FF-Q36, Centaur LWTFDS, PVM, MMS-P, PFED, LCMR Q50, AN/TQP-53 and LCMR Q49.
- Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design.
- Participates in the development of test strategies. Solving system analysis problems (or managing the solution of system analysis problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Additional duties may include: performing requirements and design reviews; analyzing specification updates and management; supporting engineering reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR); managing and responding to Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Change Requests (CRs); performing safety analysis and reporting; and conducting safety tasks/developing Safety Plans and Reports; Safety Analysis and Reporting; Conduct safety tasks and develop Safety Plans and Reports; performing Software Engineering Assessments and Technical Evaluation; and determining completeness, accuracy, clarity, maintainability, supportability, reusability and performance to meet specification requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- Five (5) years functional experience performing analysis and decomposition of high level user requirements into functional system, SW and HW requirements
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- Experience with Fires and/or Real Time Safety Critical Systems a strong plus
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes a plus