The ILC program at Leidos currently has an opening for an installation assistant to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the ILC mission. In this mission we conduct maintenance, modernization, and installation of ASW sonar systems in support of our customer.
- Conduct MCT/MCP Testing to include opening, closing, documenting and testing unsupervised, and assume full accountability for these tasks.
- Cable Testing to include conducting cable continuity and megger testing required by the job without supervision.
- Cable Cutting to include proper cable cutting and end preparation methods without supervision based on the specifications outlined in the installation drawings.
- Cable/Cableway Installation including all types of cable and cableway installations required by the job without supervision.
- Planning acumen to support system and installation necessary to plan out cable runs and other installation tasks.
- Through system and installation knowledge and ability to read/interpret red line drawings associated with electrical systems.
- Conduct WAF / TUMS / Lockout/Tag-out Enforcement.
- Observe and adhere to all safety regulations and procedures applicable to installation work.
- Mentor team members on safety and ensure all team members comply with applicable safety regulations and procedures IAW the SOW (Statement of Work), NAVSEA Standard Items, ESH Plans and Procedures provided by the program and the local shipyard or navy facility.
- HS diploma or equivalent and 3 years of direct experience conducting field installation projects.
- Active SECRET DOD Security Clearance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Valid driver's license
- Valid Passport
- Connector Fabricator Qualified (Copper and or Fiber)
- OSHA 10
- VSRA Safety
- Cableway Certification
- Knowledge of WAF/TUM process