Job Requisition:Network Systems Engineer (Cisco router/switches expertise)
The ERAM program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Network Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System.
The program is committed to assisting the FAA customer advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundation for NexGen functions.
The candidate will support ERAM and other Leidos Civil Aviation programs.
- Provide hands on support for the following:
- Design and implement network solutions needed to maintain and enhance (primarily) the ERAM System.
- Provide hands-on trouble shooting support.
- Ability to assess system changes and determine system impacts.
- Solutions will be centered on existing CISCO routers and switches.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience, or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree
- Ability to create and update Cisco router configurations
- Ability to create and update Cisco switch configurations
- Able to perform log analysis and have real-time debug abilities
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.