The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Administrative Assistant, contingent upon contract award, in Bethesda, MD.
This position will support the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) at the National Institutes of Health and requires onsite administrative support to assist in a variety of office functions.
Description of Work
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, POTS orders, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel (Form 348), outside activiti e s (Form 520 ) , official duty memorand a , training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports and various form s .
- Prepare and submit Conference A requests in support of meetings, workshops, and the like.
- Update/maintain calendars and shared calendars for the office and also the Associate Director.
- Schedule conference rooms and work with staff to ensure administrative tasks are handled for meetings we host (print agendas, make folders, run the registration table, etc.)
- Manage publication review in OBSSR which includes maintaining the manuscript tracking database and making sure publications receive proper review and approval.
- Coordinate the printing and conve r s ion of paper documents to electronic file s .
- Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures.
- Provide support with timekeeping dutie s .
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information.
- Submit documentation for approvals for OBSSR s taff members to represent organization at conferences and meetings.
- Answer the OBSSR main line and the Director's line and take messages or transfer calls accordingly.
Deliverables and Timelines
Most duties will be recurring and planned, while other work will be ad hoc or urgent and take priority over other work. The onsite OBSSR contact will work in coordination with the COR to assign due dates and deliverables.
All work is expected to be high-quality with minimal to no revisions needed by OBSSR staff.
The contractor must be knowledgeable in the operation of office equipment (computers, copiers, fax machines, labelers, etc.) to scan, file and/or store both electronic and paper documents for future reference. In addition, he/she should be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.). In addition, the contractor must hav e :
- A college degree and four (4) years of related work experience are required for this position
- Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, iCal, PowerPoint).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and writte n .
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skill s .
- Ability to perform more complex administrative tasks
- Ability to support senior level staff
- Possess advanced computer skills
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative functions
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance