The Defense Group at Leidos is presently seeking a Software Engineering Lead to support the development of the DISA Software Storefront Classified project at either Ft. Meade, MD or Scott AFB, IL. This can be a remote position as long as you are in driving distance to one of these locations. If you are by Scott AFB, you would travel up to 25% of the time to Ft. Meade, MD. If you are by Ft. Meade, you would go into office around 10% of the time on an as needed basis.
Candidate will be responsible for the development, continued enhancement, performance, and management of the software and computerized systems used to manage the CDSF application. Will support troubleshooting, incident and problem management as necessary. The individual will analyze requirements, develop, and implement software and system solutions to satisfy long and short term Government requirements. They will provides technical guidance and assistance to the Government, prepare both program/system-level and user-level documentation, and develop and conduct training on the solution to stakeholders. The candidate will also coordinate with the Unclassified Storefront development team to ensure a common baseline is developed to be used across both security enclaves and deployments.
The position will be located at either DISA HQ at Fort Meade, MD or DISA Global at Scott AFB, IL.
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Effective leadership skills to effectively own the solution and integration with system partners.
- Ability to ensure that realistic, and potentially aggressive, schedules are developed and achieved.
- Seasoned technical individual contributor with extensive experience with software and system integrations.
- Ability to work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Currently possess an active 8570 IAT I/II Certification.
- Must be able to travel regularly to the Fort Meade customer site to support high-sideclassified development, stakeholder meetings, and troubleshooting.
- Currently possess an active Secret with SSBI eligibility or Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience on software development projects that include Java programing, including SOAP and REST web services development.
- Oracle development experience primarily for troubleshooting and stored procedure analysis.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git, as well as experience with the automation of testing, builds and deployments.
- Experience developing software both on and for a Linux platform (RHEL 7).
- Experience using Docker infor development.
- Experience with DevOps tools, especially Ansibile, Vagrant and Molecule, is a nice to have.
- Documentation experience, including the creation of functional, technical, and architectural design artifacts as well as test cases and installation, deployment and configuration documentation.
- Full software lifecycle experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience developing software in an agile environment including the ability to quickly learn new technologies on a rapidly growing project.
- Experience developing software in a DoD environment, including engineering and developing secure systems as well as meeting STIGs and RMF controls.
- Experience working with DISA or DoD Customers.