The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation of the Defense Group is seeking a qualified Business Development Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. The Business Development Manager will support the Operation in sustaining profitable growth in enterprise IT and cyber solutions for the U.S. Navy. The BD manager will lead efforts to identify new opportunities, qualify opportunities, grow current pipeline and move opportunities into revenue generating programs and projects. The ideal candidate will have enterprise IT experience and have previously served as a capture manager or program manager with proven experience and demonstrated success.
- Develop and qualify a pipeline of future opportunities in the Navy that support the Operation's future growth.
- Perform to annual incremental revenue generation, pipeline, submit, and award targets.
- Work in a team environment with senior executives, the Navy strategic account executive, program staff and capture managers to develop successful market strategies, strategic partnerships and competitive analysis
- Develop, track, and execute a customer and industry (competitor) call plan(s) specific to the Navy and future opportunities from lead generation to capture stages of business development cycle.
- Develop and lead the implementation of an Navy Enterprise IT and Cyber strategy and a marketing plan for expanding our technical capabilities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in the Leidos enterprise to support Navy opportunities
- Support Operation marketing efforts by developing collateral, white papers, and by working with Solution Architects to properly develop and market technical capabilities.
- Lead and actively participate in Navy-related tradeshows, industry events and general customer outreach efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (business/marketing, engineering or computer science) and 15+ years of related experience or Master's degree with 13+ years of experience
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant business development activities, including building industry teams and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Industry network of contacts in the Navy
- Knowledge and understanding of the Navy IT systems and programs, gained from prior military service in a leadership capacity, managing successful programs or serving as a business development lead
- Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities and OCONUS to support customer visits and strategy workshops. Estimated up to 50% annually as required.
- Ability to obtain a TS clearance.
- Prior program management, capture management or systems engineering experience a plus
- Advanced degree in related field