The Leidos Defense group is looking for an Electrical Engineer in Long Beach, MS to support the design and test of electronics and electronic systems. The work involves development of electronics in support of underwater acoustic measurements in places ranging from Alaska to the Bahamas. Typical work encompasses a broad range of technology such as fiber optics, audio-band electronics, data acquisition, high-voltage power supplies, embedded systems and related technologies. Occasional travel will be required to support installation and repair of systems. Opportunities to work on other projects such as internal R&D will also be available. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a very exciting and strategically important Department of Defense (DoD) program while growing with a great technical team at Leidos.
- Collaborate with a team to conduct testing of circuits and circuit card assemblies (CCAs) to prove out designs and integrate hardware into production systems.
- Perform design, analysis, and simulation of analog and digital electronics including analog filters, microprocessors, FPGAs, power regulation, ADCs/DACs, and other related electronics.
- Create test procedures as needed to assist in validation of CCA operation.
- Develop firmware and software as required in support of the circuit designs.
- Provide status reports to project managers or program managers as required.
- Provide field support (travel) as needed.
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 2 or more years of experience or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret-level security clearance.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Willing to occasionally travel.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Experience with performance characteristics of analog data converters (ADCs/DACs).
- Experience with OrCAD Schematic capture and PADS.
- Working knowledge of C, C++, Python, Matlab or similar programming language
- Working knowledge Verilog or VHDL.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado.
- Active Secret security clearance.