Leidos is seeking qualified candidates to support a cutting edge program for a government customer in Springfield, VA. US CITIZEN REQUIRED.
Qualified candidates for the position of Knowledge Management Engineer will design and deploy Knowledge Management and Collaboration solutions to enhance productivity and operational effectiveness of the organization. This KM-focused role will be responsible for gathering requirements from each functional area within the organization and working with developers and key staff to develop and deploy a solution to meet those requirements. An effective solution could be an internally developed product a commercial solution with custom integrations or a combination of both. In addition, the KM Engineer will assist with the creation of a DevOps tool set, processes and will support the SDLC of all internally developed products. The KM Engineer is expected to be a subject matter expert (SME) on all things knowledge related and will support team members with the integration and usage of said KM systems.
- Act as a technical SME for all Knowledge Management and Collaboration systems within the organization
- Work closely with the program leadership team and developers to design and implement a custom Knowledge Management solution focused on Identity and Access Management and software development
- Design and Implement a Knowledge Management Solution for the organization using a commercial web-based collaboration platform (Confluence)
- Perform an analysis of alternatives (AoA) on commercially available KM and Collaboration products as needed to stay abreast of the capabilities in the space
- Play a key role in the creation of a DevOps toolset and supporting processes
- Provide database and web application support for existing KM tools
- Bachelor's degree
- US citizenship is required and must be able to obtain security clearance.
- At least 3 years of experience designing and implementing Knowledge Management and Collaboration Systems with a focus on software development/deployment use cases.
- Experience designing, implementing, or maintaining workflows within a major KMCM solution (Archer, ServiceNow, JIRA, Demisto, or Phantom, etc.)
- Ability to write and verbally communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations\\
- 3 years programming experience (Java, CC++, Go, Python, Perl)
- Detailed understanding of system integration using APIs (JSON, REST, XML)
- Experience designing, implementing and managing relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with the Project Management Life Cycle
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI)
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development approach
- Experience with one or more of the following tools is a plus Gitlab, Slack, Nuclino, Jive, Confluence, BitBucket, Request Tracker, Sharepoint, ServiceNow, Tettra, Spoke, Atlassian, Jira, Contabulo, Remedy Knowledge Management
"External Referral Eligible"