Leidos is seeking a Cyber Network Defense Subject Matter Expert (CND SME) to perform technical work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD's JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD's security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. This position is responsible for providing configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for CND Tools installed in the JRSS environment.
As a CND SME, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools deployed in stacks. Must be able to integrate with other technical teams, with DISA personnel, with vendor technical support personnel, and with technical representatives from DoD services, working as part of an integrated, cross-platform team that provides CND capability, and military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used.
- The candidate will support one or more the following tools: ArcSight, Niksun, Tipping Point, Sourcefire, Lancope, or Splunk
- Provide Tier III troubleshooting and problem resolution support. Candidate should have extensive CND architectural design experience as well as significant hands-on experience with all tools listed.
- Support the development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding of new and updated solutions.
- Responsible for developing the documentation required to operationalize new or existing CND capability.
- Will support the design, development, test, and deployment of new CND functionality within JRSS.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 or more years' experience; or 10 years' experience with a related Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- To be a successful fit to this assignment, you should be well versed in TCP/IP communications.
- Have a general knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network.
- Familiar with the MS Office tool suite.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Per contract requirements, U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Prior experience as a network intrusion analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
- Experience with one or more of the other CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:: Fidelis DLP and MDE, Gigamon, Bro, or KAFKA
External Referral Eligible