Leidos has a career opportunity for a HR Records Specialist in Oak Ridge - TN to join our Enterprise Business Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the employee master files of all active and former Leidos employees. You will also support requests for file reviews submitted by recruiters, hiring managers, and other internal customers, as well as support the employee population for employment verification requests. This role will also support information gathering in regards to unemployment claims. Additionally, you will work closely with investigators from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and other agencies in performing records checks. This position will have a strong focus on internal customer support and will require a high degree of confidentiality and professional discretion due to the sensitivity of the records managed. This role will also be reviewing/proofreading employee data transactions in Workday.
• Assist in the maintenance and updates of employment files of Leidos employees.
• Ensures the protection and maintenance of all employee records stored with Leidos and at offsite locations.
• Coordinates the separation of records into personnel records, immigration compliance records, medical records, drug test results, and litigation hold records.
• Ensures employee records privacy rights guaranteed by state and federal laws are followed.
• Support unemployment claim administration by providing necessary, appropriate, and time-sensitive information to Leidos' third party vendor
• Maintains the data integrity of electronic employee information (such as address changes, etc.)
• Audits and reconcile imaged records for completeness and appropriateness of imaged data prior to the removal of physical files.
• Serves as the "Custodian of Record" for the receipt and timely fulfillment of subpoenas for records and requests to review employee records by government agencies.
• Ensures that any data stored in a paper format is organized, current and easily retrievable for electronic imaging.
• Serves as the point of contact for all employee work and income verification requests
• Prepares employee verification letters to social agencies, adoption agencies and others that cannot utilize third-party vendor verification
• Serve as the lead POC for Government Security Investigators
• Keeps accurate log of Government Security Investigator file reviews for OPM audit purposes
• Work with VP of HR Services, Workplace Relations, Legal and others as assigned to provide additional documentation and information as it relates to master employment records or background verification data
• Assists with the ordering of background verification requests for existing Leidos employees with third-party vendor for record completeness
• Work with third-party system to collect/update requested information regarding unemployment claims
• Review for accuracy all data entry Workday transactions against source documents for accuracy to include typographical and numerical entered data.
• Confer with Workday processors to coordinate any corrections or edits to resolve discrepancies of data against source documentation.
• Resolve missing data issues through manager, employee or HR POC to ensure data integrity.
• Participate in special projects when available
• Monitor HR Records Inbox to respond to inquiries timely
• Distribute mail and overnight packages in absence of administrative assistant
• Position operates out of a shared services environment and, as such, requires a consistent on-site schedule and occasional after-hours support as needed or required
• Other duties as assigned.
• Extensive experience supporting internal customers in a specialized HR capacity
• Commitment to outstanding customer service, both internal and external
• Demonstrated skills utilizing business software applications (such as MS Office) as well as ability to learn new applications quickly
• Ability to navigate multiple applications running simultaneously
• Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers in writing
• A minimum of a High School diploma coupled with 4+ years of general business experience
• Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information