Leidos is seeking a Software Developer who will be part of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
ERAM functions include:
- Real-Time Programming on High Availability Systems • Multi-threaded programming
- Application level programming including Flight Data Processing and Interface Proxies
- Functionally Oriented Infrastructure Programming of Common Services utilized by Applications.
- Low Level Operating Systems Customization (RedHat, AIX) • Low level communication software (TCP-IP, UDP, SCTP)
- System Maintenance Concepts Responsibilities
- Modernizing the AT control system by improving the availability and performance of the ERAM system.
- Supporting ERAM as it continues to migrate ERAM from the AIX operating systems to Linux. Detailed knowledge of Linux OS and OS concepts desirable.
- Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
- Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Performing software development as needed for the ERAM system
- Coordinate Solutions with Systems Engineering
- Coordinate the development of new capabilities and upgrade to common services provided the applications via the FlightDeck API
- Typically requires a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Some related programming experience via internship or coop
- Desire to learn multiple programming languages
- Have experience in the SW process, process improvement, SW tracking and architecture.
- Understanding of Software Engineering life cycle
- Leadership skills through prior positions/experience
- Use of Unix and Configuration Management skills are required
- Trouble shooting support - effectively respond to users requests
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
- Self-Starter and ability to multitask
- Development skills in the Linux/Unix environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.